1. Hello from my new laptop! I'm so excited! My old laptop has been around for 7 years, since I received it as part of my college scholarship, and it hasn't run well in the past 2. I'm pleased to be able to TYPE again (the old one had a possessed cursor that changed everything to gobbly-gook).
2. I realize that I have a really hard time spending money on technology. I don't mind splurging on great trips or anything that will create wonderful memories, but when it comes to technology, I stall and stall and stall. Things change so quickly nowadays. Why should I buy DVDs when in 10 years they'll be phased out, and I'll have to purchase everything all over again?
3. Yesterday was my parents' 27th wedding anniversary! Please say a prayer for them! I completely forgot about their anniversary until my aunt and grandparents came over with ice cream cake and well wishes. Whoops. Bad daughter!
|Birthday flowers from my sweet man|
5. But it's still sad to bury that childhood dream.
6. If you were my adult neighbors, would you be concerned that a 25-year-old woman loves to come over and play with your little kids? My neighbors have two sweet daughters who often call for me (including the traditional, "Can Trista come and play?" line), and I'm afraid the parents think I'm a weirdo. I have a hard time talking with them... Slightly older people (mid-30s-40s) who are not related to me really intimidate me. Anyone else have that problem?
7. When I first started dating my boyfriend, I primped every time we planned on seeing each other. Eyebrows threaded, hair perfectly coifed, & legs silky smooth. This wasn't too hard to maintain since we only saw each other once every 6 - 8 weeks. I've been slacking for the past few months, and I need glasses to see well, so I haven't noticed how unruly my eyebrows have gotten or anything like that...until today! Don't I have any family and friends who could say, "Hey girl, take a closer look at your face?" With friends like these, who needs enemies?
Have a great weekend!